Berean Christian Junior Academy Athletics Program
The mission of the Berean Christian Junior Academy Athletics Program (BCJAAP) is to provide a Christ-centered environment in which students can experience positive results using their athletic abilities to develop body, mind, and soul.
Berean Christian Junior Academy team members guidelines…
- are expected to follow school policies and other classroom guidelines.
- are expected to attend all practices and team activities on-time.
- will abide by all guidelines given by coaches concerning dress and conduct while attending team activities.
- may be suspended if on General Academic Probation or Citizenship Probation.
- will become ineligible by receiving a failing grade in a class for any scheduled grade update or put on Critical Academic Probation.
- must make a vow of total abstinence concerning illegal substances; including alcohol, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- who are confronted concerning attitude issues or insubordination may be asked to meet with the BCJAAP Committee?
- must pay for uniform rental and team fees as outlined in the annual sports contract designed by the Athletic Director.
Team Eligibility Status
Each school year before a specific sports season begins, a student receiving an “F” in a class for any scheduled grade update or put on Critical Academic Probation is not eligible to try-out. Previous year grades have no effect on eligibility. A student that secures membership on a team will be dismissed from the team if he/she receives an “F” or is put on Critical Academic Probation during the season. Team fees will not be reimbursed.
A team can only achieve its full potential when the collective whole becomes greater than the sum of its individual parts. Participants in the BCJAAP are expected to consider the team’s needs and the team’s goals ahead of individual needs and goals.
An atmosphere of true sportsmanship will be exhibited for all practices and team activities. Team members will be expected to treat others as they would like to be treated.
“People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about.”–Franklin D. Roosevelt
Welcome to the Squires’
Students can experience positive results using their athletic abilities to develop body, mind, and soul.