Welcome to Your Media Center!
Our campus Media Center is located off the Greater Atlanta Adventist Academy (GAAA) foyer and is designed to be used by students, faculty and administrators at all levels of the Complex. The goals of the Media Center are to enhance the following:
- Access to diverse and appropriate collections
- Access to facilities that support learning and research
- Access to library literacy for lifelong learning
- Technical processes that enhance access to collections
- Collaborative linkages for working in a global community
In the Media Center, students are able to find the resources needed to complete classroom assignments and to satisfy curiosities about a wide range of personal interests. Collections are God-centered and designed to support the mission, vision and philosophy of the Complex. The Media Center holds over 12,000 volumes, in addition to magazines, DVDs, CDs, and electronic resources. There is a concentration of resources by and about Seventh-day Adventists, by and about African Americans, and general biographies.
Information literacy instruction in the use of collections is provided by the librarian for classes and for individuals as needed. Collections are arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification and can be searched from the Adventist Education Complex online catalog.
The Media Center is bright and welcoming, and prepared to meet your information needs!
If you need assistance locating materials, would like to request materials, would like to volunteer, or would like to donate to the library; please see the librarian – Mrs. Brenda Barber at 404.799.0337 ext. 224.
1. Link to Surpass for your online catalog. http://angel.surpasssoftware.com/angel/websafari.exe?database=ate
2. Link to the Atlanta- Fulton Public Library System. We can visit when I come. http://www.afplweb.com
3. Link to PINES – the Georgia Public Library online Catalog. http://gapines.org/eg/opac/home
4. Link to the Digital Public library of America (DPLA) http://dp.la
5. Link to Adventist Resources http://www.asdal.org/index.php/adventist-resources
6. Link to Library of Congress – Kids and Families http://www.loc.gov/families/
7. Andrews University Library hold extensive volumnes of denominational publications in electronic form. www.andrews.edu/library